Our Psychologists aim to provide you with a safe, confidential, and supportive environment in which you can openly share your personal thoughts, feelings, and concerns. We provide a professional service for children, adolescents, and adults of any cultural background. Some of the issues we can assist you with include:
- Relationship and family issues, such as communication, dealing with infidelity, blended families and separation
- Parenting difficulties
- Social Skills and Assertiveness
- Dealing with bullying at work or at school
- Dealing with illness, grief and loss
- Life transition and adjustment issues
- Addictive Behaviours
- Anxiety, Stress, and Depression
Occupational Therapy can be arranged to improve:
- Fine motor skills, handwriting, and hand-eye coordination
- Sensory Integration for dealing with under-sensitivity or over-sensitivity to sounds, sights, touch, movement and taste, and for developing attention and impulse control.
- Gross Motor and Sensory Motor skills for balance and motor coordination
- Self-Care skills including feeding, dressing, toileting, and grooming skills
- Visual Perceptual skills and problem solving
No, you can just call to request an appointment. However, a doctor initiated careplan is required to avail of a medicare rebate for relevant chronic conditions. For Speech Pathology, a referral from a GP or a paediatrician (in the case of an assessment for Autism) is required in order to receive some Medicare rebate for fees. Usually Speech Pathology assessment will focus on your primary concerns and may include articulation, understanding and use of language, fluency and social interaction skills, depending on the issues raised. Mental health plans may be initiated by your GP in order to avail of Medicare rebates for Psychology.
Fees are always discussed during the initial intake telephone conversation prior to booking your initial appointment, and are payable on the day of attendance. HICAPS and EFTPOS facilities are available, and health fund rebates as well as medicare rebates (when care plans have been provided by the referring doctor) can be processed on site. We are NDIS registered and accept NDIS participants.
We do not believe in assigning people with needs to long waiting lists for services. Our speech pathologists will usually accommodate new families within one to three weeks. Speech pathology sessions with one of our speech pathologists may also be available on Saturdays. All clinicians at the centre work only by appointment.